JOGA Participation Acknowledgement, Release and Waiver Agreement
By clicking ‘ACCEPT’ below, you are agreement to terms of the waiver below:
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in JOGA (the “Program”), I, for myself and my heirs, personal representatives, estate, insurers and assigns, hereby irrevocably and unconditionally:
1. represent and warrant that I am over the age of 18 years of age, in good health and physical condition, and acknowledge and understand that participation in and attendance at the Program involves certain risks and dangers of personal and bodily injury. I understand, have considered and evaluated the nature, scope, and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks;
2. fully and forever release, discharge and indemnify The JOGA Company Ltd.,its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, assigns and successors, together with all Program staff, trainers and ambassadors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) of and from any and all causes of action, lawsuits, losses, damages, injuries, howsoever occurring, whether by negligence or otherwise, (including death) claims, demands, sums, costs, expenses (including legal fees), and any other liability of any kind, of or to me or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Program;
3. agree not to initiate any lawsuit, court action or other legal proceeding against any of the Released Parties, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money damages which anyone may have, on account of loss, damage, or injury sustained by me or others, howsoever occurring, whether by negligence or otherwise, in connection with my participation in the Program, and I waive any right I may have to do so;
4. understand that the Released Parties do not provide any insurance, either life, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with my participation in the Program. If I want insurance of any kind, I must obtain my own. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses for any illness, accident, or injury sustained in connection with the Program;
5. acknowledge that if any portion of this Acknowledgement, Release and Waiver is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable. This Acknowledgement, Release and Waiver supersedes any oral or written statements made by or to me in connection with the Program. I understand that I cannot terminate, cancel or revoke this Acknowledgement, Release and Waiver for any reason; and
6. agree that this document is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and operates to the benefit of the Released Parties as well as their administrators, successors and assigns, and is binding on me and my heirs, administrators, successors, assigns, insurers and estate.
Please click here to download this waiver for your reference.
I HAVE READ THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER FORM CAREFULLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT, AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO ITS TERMS. BY SIGNING THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
“My name is Tyler Russell. I play hockey for the Los Angeles Jr Kings. I have been practicing JOGA for over 2 years. JOGA has helped me get stronger, especially with the strength in my legs. I really enjoy doing all of the JOGA exercises along with the salutation and the stretches. I consider JOGA a secret weapon because my body is in pain during the workout but I know that the pain is what will make me stronger. My JOGA coach, Carlie Chiovetti, is awesome. She is great at teaching all of the exercises and really cares that we are making improvements every week to help me be a stronger athlete.”
“What benefited me the most is the way we worked on my posture. In addition to that, my hips and hamstrings were always tight in the past. Now they, never get tight and I feel very fluid.”
“To be successful on the field, you have to be both physically and mentally prepared! I believe JOGA is the perfect blend of recovery, performance, and conditioning. I love JOGA because it not only makes my body feel better, but it allows my mind to let go.”
“I was looking for something new and that made sense with how my players move. This is when I was introduced to JOGA, a movement based program to help my players recover and maintain strength and mobility without sacrificing time. I felt it was an effective way of training”
“When trying to establish a foundation of strength JOGA segments 1 and 2 are very good for teaching the athlete balance and body control. This helps to increase strength and explosive power down the line.”
“JOGA is different than a traditional yoga class as it takes into consideration how athletes move, train and digest information. It’s program based and encompasses all of the physical properties needed to support elite performance.”
“When I started with Jana this past summer I noticed an immediate improvement in the way I felt physically. She paid close attention to the way my body was built and my strengths and weaknesses, allowing me to work on and improve strength and mobility that would immediately help me as an athlete. The work was very specific and tailored to my position. I’m very confident that it helped me on the ice when the season started. I’m looking forward to working with her again in the future.”
“Yoga can be an integral part of the off-season training of any athlete. It is important, however, to find an instructor who understands the demands of your sport and the strength and conditioning program. Jana and the JOGA staff have a done a great job of tailoring a program to meet the needs of my athletes and are willing and able to customize their sessions based on my feedback.”